Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Perfect Post

A blogger I recently I started following just posted this meme. Since I have nothing overly creative to say today, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

The perfect outfit: A sundress, J-Crew flip flops, and pearls. Classy and comfortable.

The perfect meal: Shrimp and grits, collard greens, fried okra, and corn bread.

The perfect hangover cure: Gatorade. The first time I had a real hangover in college I drank about a gallon. It actually belonged to my roommate but I hid the empty container replaced it.

The perfect facial feature: I notice people's eyelashes. True story: my friend introduced me to some guy in college she had decided was the best looking boy she'd ever seen. When she asked me what I thought I said "his eyelashes are so long!" Muscles wha?

The perfect drink: Gin sour. It's the non-girly girly drink. Sweet, yet sophisticated.

The perfect song: "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston. Really, I love it. It's the perfect song for dancing or for singing like a diva. Or both.

The perfect sign of affection: Meeting me in the hall when I come home to tell me you are cooking dinner as you hand me a glass of wine.

The perfect afternoon: A nap on the couch with the windows open on a nice day.

The perfect vacation: Sunset Beach, NC. I've been pretty much every year since I was 10. There is nothing to do except lounge, read, and walk. I think vacations should be relaxing.

The perfect invention: Victor and I are going to make our millions by inventing it. Get this ladies: HEATED high heels. For those cold nights when closed-toed shoes just won't do.

The perfect type of wedding: The kind where even the old people are dancing.

The perfect album: ABBA Gold.

The perfect accent: A Southern drawl, y'all. Like mine.

The perfect date: Hiking. I'm not normally an outdoorsy kind of girl but while hiking you can talk or not, maintain eye contact or not, and be wooed by nature.

The perfect weather: 76 degrees, sunny, and a light breeze.

The perfect party: I like smaller parties with a group of friends so that everyone can talk together.

The perfect sport: Basketball. Of the Tar Heels variety.

The perfect thing to say: "I love you for/because..." Specific examples are better than general statements.

The perfect day of the week: Sunday. I suspect once I have little people running around my house that I have to dress I'll change my mind, but for now it's perfect. Leisurely morning coffee, church, an afternoon nap, and quality time with Victor in the evening.

I tag everyone. Let me know if you do it and I'll come share the blog love.

1 comment: