Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Let's Get This Party Started

Last night I took my last birth control pill. While Victor and I aren't in baby-making mode quite yet, we've decided that I should stop taking the pills to give my body some time to get used to life without extra hormones. We'll use other methods to prevent right now, but we both agreed that if I were to get knocked up, we could handle it. I read an amazing book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility that explains how to chart your waking temperature and the texture of some down-there stuff (okay, I'll be a grown-up...it's cervical mucous) to determine when you're most likely to be fertile. Maybe I am a nerd, but I am SO EXCITED! I'm a scientist and this undertaking is like an experiment on myself. I think seeing that first temperature spike (which means ovulation) will be so cool. And I'm going to tell you, Internets, all about it. My mama would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment