Monday, February 9, 2009

I wasn't aware that was a medical condition

I went to the radiology office today to get an ultrasound of my thyroid. I've always had borderline low thyroid function and my old doctor in R-ville gave me good medicine that helped me stay awake for more than 12 hours at time. When I moved to my current location for graduate school the university health docs weren't so useful and now I'm trying to get back on medicine as part of the LORETTA PREPARES TO CONCEIVE project. More on that later... My new doctor here is a very thorough diagnostician and ordered a bazillion tests to figure out exactly how to treat me.

The ultrasound technician asked me why I was getting the test and whether thyroid disease ran in my family. I told her yes, it came from my mom's side. Her: "oh, I know how that is. I inherited fat thighs from my mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment