Thursday, February 19, 2009

All the cool kids are doing it

I've seen this meme going around and thought since I'm new to the blogosphere I'd answer it to give my readers (if I have any) more insight into my life.

What are your middle names?
Mine is Jennell and Victor's is Patrick.

How long have you been together?
We've been married for 10 months and dated for 17 months before we got married.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We met at a swing dance in August of 2005 and started dating in September 2006. I was wearing a t-shirt that says "Science Nerds Rock" and he was smitten. It took me longer (like a year) to be convinced.

Who asked whom out?
This is up for debate. Victor took care of my cat for several days when I was out of town (at swing dance camp, how nerdy is THAT?) and so being the polite young lady I am I just HAD to invite him over for dinner to thank him. Lucky for both of us, he took charge by suggesting a slow dance to a Billie Holiday song after we ate.

How old are each of you?
I'm 28, he's 37. I always said it wasn't scandalous until there was at least a 10 year difference. So we got in under the wire, whew.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
We see them all about the same amount. I will refrain from saying anything else about his siblings (like how they COMPLETELY IGNORE ME when we're together).

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
I think right now it's the uncertainty about where we are going to live. Our life is basically on hold until Victor finds the right job and it causes anxiety-prone me even more stress than usual.

Did you go to the same school?
No, he went to the University of North Carolina and I went to a much smaller school.

Are you from the same home town?
We are, even though we never met until we both lived in another large city 300 miles away.

Who is smarter?
I say Victor. He says me, thus proving that he indeed is brilliant.

Who is the most sensitive?
The cat. He feels neglected if we so much as talk on the phone.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We really don't eat out too often now and there's no one place we go the most. Back when we were dating I lived next to a vegetarian cafe that had half-price black bean burritos on Tuesday nights. Almost every Tuesday night until I moved we would get takeout burritos and make, I mean hang out at my apartment. It got so that when I called to place our order the staff would know my name and what I wanted.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Um, which is further: Jamaica or LA?

Who has the craziest exes?
I've never met any, but Victor's definitely seem a little nuts.

Who has the worst temper?
I'll go with the cat again. He bites, hard.

Who does the cooking?
Me, but Victor helps me prepare stuff and always does the dishes.

Who is the neat-freak?
Unfortunately neither of us. The whole full-time job thing sucks the life out of me so I don't have energy to clean.

Who is more stubborn?
Probably me. How else am I supposed to get what I want?

Who hogs the bed?
Pshaw, don't believe whatever he tells you.

Who wakes up earlier?
During the week we wake up at 6am. But I was responsible for turning my 10 am rising academic husband into an early bird.

Where was your first date?
Well, my apartment if you count that dinner. But our first REAL date was to Harper's Ferry, WV. It was lovely.

Who is more jealous?
Me, unless he's hiding something.

How long did it take to get serious?

A week or so. We were both feeling pretty sure this was going to be the BIG ONE when we started dating.

Who eats more?
Victor. He is the human carb disposal.

Who does the laundry?
We both do. Quite a few of our early marital spats were due to Victor's inability to read the labels in my clothes, but he is getting better.

Who's better with the computer?
I would never have married a man who was worse than me because then our computers would be commandeered by aliens due to my inability to keep my virus protection running.

Who drives when you are together?
Victor usually. I have to drive more on a day-to-day basis for my commute, so it's only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment