Monday, April 20, 2009

Pass the Tums

Victor got back from his interview on Saturday. He is really excited about the job and thinks it went well. Hooray!

Oh, and the company said they can't let him know about the job until they find out if they are receiving a contract from the government. On June 1. That is 6 WEEKS PEOPLE. More probably, seeing how they won't call on the actual day they find out about the contract. Victor said they were optimistic they'd get the contract, but there is no way for us to know if they intend to hire him until they find out for sure.

Shoot me now. With a tranquilizer gun.

As I've mentioned before, I'm a wee-bit prone to anxiety. Before my wedding last year I lost eight pounds in two weeks because of all the stress (note: I was also writing the masters thesis I turned in exactly eight days before I got married). It's not just a mental thing either, my stomach decides to reject pretty much anything I offer it when I'm feeling anxious. And I burp. A lot. Internet, I could win contests with these burps. But seeing how I try to at least pretend I'm a refined lady, I'm not really bragging about my burping skills (except to Victor, cause it's sexy) (or not). Right now I'm actually getting anxious about the impending anxiety. I'm meta-anxious, if you will. And I'm not sure how I am going to get through the next several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment