Friday, March 27, 2009

A Tale of Two Ovaries

I have successfully completed my first charting cycle! Time for a party!

Unfortunately for me, that party involves nasty cramps, headaches, and tight jeans. After so many years on birth control pills I had forgotten what it was like to have real PMS until late last night when I stayed awake moaning for an hour. Please send chocolate for me and a helmet for Victor.

In case you don't know, by charting your waking basal body temperature (BBT) you can determine exactly when you ovulate. Recording the texture of your cervical mucus can give you a clue of when you are ABOUT to ovulate. A nifty website called Fertility Friend will keep track of and analyze your information so it can tell you when you ovulate and how likely it is that you are pregnant, if that's what you're trying to accomplish. This month was a test run for Victor and I. But, I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with my chart.



Nice, no? I was waaaaay too excited when I saw that I had been given a red line indicating that I had O'ed. And once my luteal phase made it past 10 days? Ecstatic.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

Cycle 2 started today. Victor and I are going to (ahem) keep the goalie in play for at least another two months. After that time we'll figure out whether it's time for the official period of TTC. I will certainly keep you, dear Internet, abreast of our decisions and progress. Because what's the point of this blog if not for me to discuss the inner workings of my lady bits?

No comments:

Post a Comment