Monday, March 9, 2009

Interview

I'm back! The move was crazy but successful and vacation was fantastic. I'll try to post an update and some pictures soon. In the meantime, Jen from Here We Go Again sent me some interview questions and I'm finally getting around to answering them.

1. You got married fairly recently. What have you found to be the biggest difference between dating and marriage?
I think the security is the biggest difference. I can be very anxious and when Victor and I were dating (especially at the beginning) I often thought that he was going to end the relationship because of something I did or said. Over the course of our engagement and especially when I heard him say "til death do us part" I realized he was in it for the long haul and I know that if I behave badly (I know, it's hard to imagine I could, but it's true) he'll still love me. Obviously this doesn't mean I can stop working on the relationship and trying to be the best wife for him but it helps me a lot to know that he loves me despite my imperfections.

2. You and your husband have a pretty decent sized age gap. Do you find that this makes any difference in your relationship? How about in the types of friends you spend time with? I ask this out of curiosity, being that Matt and I are just a little over two months apart in age.
I was a little bit concerned about the age difference in the early stages of our dating relationship, but it is not really a big issue. Sometimes I worry about what will happen in 40 years and I'm still in my 60s, but I try to just enjoy the time we have. In terms of friends, Victor and I were friends before we started dating and were part of a pretty large crowd of swing dancers who range from about 23-40 years old. So we mostly spend time with them.

3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I'd start by spending a year in Paris :) After that I'd want to move back home to North Carolina where our families live. Two sets of parents + grandparents + aunts, uncles, cousins, and lifelong friends = lots of free babysitters. I really want to raise my children in the South. I am very attached to the culture and want to pass that on to my kids.

4. What is the thing that bugs you the most about your husband? I think mine is that Matt always asks me for a sandwich or popsicles right when I am about to go to sleep. But I like him, so I always make him his stupid sandwich.
Eh, it really depends on the day. I guess the main thing is that he has a tendency to lose track of what we are discussing. Either of us will be saying something and if he thinks of or sees something different he'll just completely change the subject, even mid-sentence. It's the worst when we're driving because he gets distracted by pretty cars. For the most part, though, he does not really bug me (which is why I married him!)
Note: if he ever asked me to make him a sandwich when I was in bed there would be problems... Jen, you must be a better wife than me.

5. If you could have any exotic animal as a pet, which animal would it be? It will not eat you, be hard to take care of, or anything practical like that.
Probably a macaque monkey. The year after college I was a lab tech in an epilepsy lab that used monkeys for some experiments. Part of my job was to give our monkeys their drugs (antibiotics mostly) every day. I grew pretty attached to some of them and they are really smart.

If you would like me to interview you, respond to this post and I'll send questions. Thanks Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment